At Lake Erie Farms we understand how critically important it is to ensure food enters consumers’ homes in a completely healthy and safe state. That is why we enforce stringent on-farm food safety protocols, traceability, and independent testing. We undergo yearly audits and validate our safety protocols annually through an independent auditor. To ensure the safety of our consumers, we have implemented traceability systems making it possible to trace all products from our production site to market.
As a member of The Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers association, one of the first groups of growers to regulate Food Safety in their industry, we have one of the highest food safety standards in North America.
Our Safety Components
- Canada GAP Certified
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs)
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Standard Operating Procedures documented
- Documentation of all Control Points (CPs) and Critical Control Points (CCPs)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHIMIS)
- Written, scheduled cleaning programs verified for compliance
- Written hygiene training programs for staff
- Corrective Actions
- Ongoing staff training/education and regular compliance evaluations
- Truck inspections
- Water testing
- Visitor access controls
- Complete traceability from greenhouse to customer
- Documented recall program. Annual mock recalls.
- Regular record reviews, i.e., GAPs, GMPs, etc.
- Regular internal inspections
- An annual 3rd party audit is completed by SGS Canada Inc.